Who is Simon?
Simon Soanes is the owner of this site, the maintainer of a few servers dotted around the world and an avid C# fan. I am a full time developer but used to be a network administrator. I got into programming at a young age and like making computers do work for me.
(I am not the racing driver/motorcyclist by the same name from Kent who appears to like facebook.)
Here's my CV summed up; I:-
- Have my own company called Fizl Ltd, which is a means to encapsulate work I do for people and ideas I want to research.
- Currently contract for The AA. Most recently I was responsible for making sure some work on their payment systems got over the line (more architectural management, design and a little bit of on/offshore team management).
- Was the software developer that built FleetRiskManager.com to provide driver training and risk management services for The AA's DriveTech subsidiary for more than 7 years.
- This was fun because I got to interact with a lot of customers and fill in all the blanks a small business always has.
- Also got to work on integrating the company from a newly bought organisation when I started, to then prepping the company to operate independently from its parent towards the end when the parent was outsourcing its other IT activities.
- Tried to do a startup to build software that will help make things work faster called Zorg Solutions which went horribly wrong and made me get another job.
- This was an interesting experience and being the director of a new company with staff meant a lot of responsbility with people relying on you - it was very badly timed with the bank crash unfortunately.
- Built a contactless cashless payment system before cashless was popular, and a few other things like a photocopier document release system and an access control system for a small company called EasyTrace, who then got bought out by RM PLC and I've since lost track of who now owns them.
- Ran the lagest technology college's network and systems for a few years. Good fun and provided a lot of troubleshooting and systems experience.
Where is Simon?
Somewhere in the South of England, quite near London.
How do I contact Simon?
E-Mail me at email@example.com. Lots of other addresses work and go there too, but please try to stick with that one. The contact page has more details should you need them. Yes this is a recursive link if you came here from there...